Below are highlights, we invite you all to send us any questions/comments.
Here is an overview of why we now require this and what this means for your law firm –
TCPA Compliant – You can text freely
- The Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA) requires anyone who uses texts, pre-recorded voice mails and other forms of outreach to cell phones to obtain prior express written consent BEFORE making a call/sending a text.
- Fines for violating the TCPA act are $500 for each violation (and add up quickly for multiple violations)
- We are VERY excited to report that we are TCPA compliant, the details of how we achieved this are contained in our “Text Messaging” Policy.
- We recommend that each law firm consider if other platforms/outsourced vendors used are following the same TCPA rules.
SimplyConvert texting/autodialing opportunities will continue to grow.
- We see this as a large benefit for lawyers using our platform looking to increase conversions and client outreach.
GDPR Compliant – Isn’t this an EU Policy?
GDPR – the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is a digital privacy regulation introduced on May 25, 2018 in the EU. It was intended to standardize different privacy legislations across the EU into one set of regulations and protect all web users. There are substantial fines for companies that do not comply.
Although your intended audience is strictly U.S. legal consumers, as is ours, this law has been written very broadly to cover any business that may have a web presence that could be accessible to an EU citizen (i.e, anyone on the world wide web). There is no way for any U.S. law firm to prevent an EU citizen from leaving a message/information on a contact form or chatting with their bot or live chat, so it is our belief that, for now, we all must comply with this law. Most U.S. businesses do not comply.
SimplyConvert makes reasonable efforts to collect only the minimum necessary information to achieve our required purpose – provide instant legal guidance.
That said, under the HIPAA requirements, some of the information we collect may be considered Protected Health Information (PHI). For that reason we take very seriously the protection of that data through the following steps so that we may remain in compliance with the requirements of HIPAA –
- We do not allow the uploading of medical files/documents
- We are hosted by a U.S. data center
- Lawyers own their “user” information. That information will never be disclosed by SimplyConvert.
- User transcripts are house on a protected server and can’t be downloaded by any user for further distribution
- SimplyConvert allows for texting, but never sends PHI via text/SMS.
- SimplyConvert uses a cloud-based communication called Twillio to assist with SMS. They follow similar protocol to meet HIPPA requirements
- SimplyConvert uses a cloud-based electronic contract program called PandaDoc, they follow similar protocol to meet HIPPA requirements.
Compliance with This Policy Applies only to our platform
- We make no assurances of compliance for any outreach done by your firm outside of the SimplyConvert platform.
- We make no assurances of compliance with these policies by any integrations you use with our platform
- We make no assurance of compliance by any outside vendors that assist you with intakes, advertising or legal marketing
TERMS AND CONDITIONS –
Please review the terms and conditions for utilizing the SimplyConvert platform at your earliest convenience.